March 14, 2013

5 Days of Leftovers

        I'm sure the first thing that came to mind when you read that title was...No Way... But what if you could re-purpose those leftovers into a meal slightly different. I have to admit, by today...I am at the point where I don't want to cook, smell or eat anything with Sister Sue's Famous Chili in it. But this will give you a few idea's on how to get the most, bang for your buck, out of a meal that might have otherwise gotten thrown out. 


              Day 1 
 Sister Sue's Famous Chili




                                        

        
          Day 2
    Chili-Spaghetti   
* Other than a few beans, your family will never know the difference...This is how our Dad eats his Chili.


                             


         Day 3
    Chili with Rice    
*This is how we always ate chili before Sue taught me how to make hers...Mainly because it was so hot, you needed something to help it go down... Add some of your favorite toppings and a side salad.                          

        Day 4
 Chili-Sloppyjoes    
*This one is a little trickier. You're gonna have to cook some of the liquid out and I smooshed the beans to help thicken the sauce. Turned out delicious.
                       


        Day 5
Tator-dog Chili                           
*This one is for the kid in all of us. That, and this is all I had left in the house that would go with Chili...I really wanted to make Frito Pie, but that will have to wait for another day. 
                       


 Most of the time, I cook a big batch of meat on Sunday, then make meals out of it all week long. This is cost and time efficient, and with the access we have to all kinds of good recipes, the possibilities are endless. I hope everyone enjoyed this......5 days of Leftovers...Next time, maybe Chicken?
                             

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...