April 8, 2013

Meatballs

Susan and my Brother-in-law, Jon was down this past weekend.   As we started cooking supper,,,we got to talking about how recipes change from generation to generation... Not all recipes,,,but alot of them.
You grow up eating your  Moms recipes,,,,,, you learn to like them, eat them and cook them....... just about then,,,,,,,BAM,,,,,you meet someone special,,,move in with them,,,,,,,and they cook/want their  Mothers recipes.

What to do?  Well, When I was in that position,,,,,I made up my own version.    Somewhere  between the two Moms.
On saturday...we made 'my' version of Meatballs. One of these days, Susan can post hers :D


Ingredients:
2 pounds hamburger
1 pack saltine crackers (smashed up real good)
Bread crumbs-(only if needed)
1/4 Cup- A-1 Steak Sauce
3 eggs
1/4 Cup-Minced Onions
1/2 teaspoon-Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon-Garlic Powder
1/2 teasoon-Black Pepper

Mix together all ingredients except for Bread Crumbs...(If mixture seems to moist, sprinkle in a few bread crumbs)
You may want to adjust the seasonings to your familys taste...
Roll into balls...as close to the same size as possible. Some people use an icecream scoop. I just eyeball it. 
Cook 350* for 40/45 minutes


I use another one of my favorite small kitchen appliances......A Toaster oven......and make 2 trays. 

One tray is for bigger
Meatballs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,We use these ones for Meatball subs.


The other tray is for smaller Meatballs...

We use these ones for
Spaghetti w/ Meatballs                                                                                                                           or..................Warm 2 cans of Campbells Golden Mushroom Soup and Meatballs in a pot or crockpot, add enough water to thin soup out. Serve over rice.......This is one of my familys favorite meals.


**Meatballs are great to freeze.......Pull them out in the morning and throw them in a crockpot with your favorite sauce. 
Supper served : )



1 comment:

  1. My version of meatballs today was frozen, in the crockpot with BBQ sauce LOL :-D Promise I'll post real ones soon :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...