March 31, 2013

Crawfish & Corn Chowder (With mine and Lorri's twist on it)

This started out as a joke that backfired on me. My nephew Brandon was having a BBQ so... Funny Aunt Sue decides she's going to find a recipe that I'm positive he'll turn his nose up at and post it on his facebook saying this is what I'm bringing just to see the reaction I'd get. (I'm thinking
I would get an ewwwww, or sure Aunt Sue that would be great with a :-P) No, I get a "Like"!
LOL :-D   Next day I'm scrambling to find crawfish.. Of course the grocery store I went to only had live crawfish.. Boiling the little suckers were not part of this BBQ.. No can do, so I grabbed a pound of shrimp and everyone, especially Bekah loved it! :-D

Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did!! :-D

P.S. We also made Lorri's famous yummy pasta salad (Already posted), Bacon wrapped water chestnuts, (To be posted) and Italian oven baked wings (To be posted).

Ingredients:
 
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped (We used red and yellow bell peppers)
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 can Rotel Tomatoes (Use mild unless you want steam coming from your head)
Emeril’s Essence (Sprinkle lightly, this stuff packs a punch)
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 cans whole kernel corn
1 can cream corn
1 pound Crawfish (Substituted shrimp for reason stated above)
1 can Evaporated Milk
2 medium potatoes, chopped into small chunks (Lorri and I added this because we thought it wasn't fattening enough LOL :-D ) 


Directions:
1. Sautee onions, bell pepper, celery, Essence & salt in butter.
2. Add Rotel & cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in corn, crawfish/shrimp, potatoes and milk.
4. Salt & pepper to taste.
5. Heat approximately 30 minutes. (We let this cook longer until it was creamier)




Original recipe posted at:
http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/1025442-Crawfish-Corn-Soup
 
 
Thanks go to Sheila M. Juneau for posting it and creating a fun day at the BBQ :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...