March 18, 2013

Pasta Salad


  There are so many versions of Pasta Salad. This one, like so many of my recipes, is a version of my Moms. She uses a bigger variety of veggies than I do. I downgraded, to accommodate my kids. I just add in extra's of the ingredients they like. The two main ingredients are Pasta and Italian Dressing. All the rest is.....Whatever you choose to use. My Mom uses...Salami or Ham, Green Peppers, Onion, Broccoli, Cauliflower,Tomatoes and Cucumbers..Experiment until you find the right combination for your family.
   I am really big on buying store brand items and find that most of them are just as good as brand names, for a fraction of the price,,,But...certain items,,,I stick with buying Brand name. For Pasta Salad, I use the Nature Sweet grape tomatoes. They truly are sweet and I have never bought any that didn't live up to their name. They are a little costly, but in my opinion, well worth it. If you choose not to go with that brand, try to stay with any grape or cherry tomato. You can use a regular tomato and dice it into bite size pieces, but they tend to get soggy real fast. Also, especially in the off-season...I pay the extra money to get the English Cucumbers. They are seedless and have a really fresh taste to them all year long.


The picture to the right shows all the ingredients I use. Not pictured is... one more cucumber and I sometimes sprinkle Italian Seasoning on the top. (just to make it look pretty) 
So...Click Below...to go to the recipe. Get creative and I'm sure your version of Pasta Salad will be the hit at your next barbecue or holiday get together....Have fun and enjoy.
Pasta Salad









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...