June 10, 2013

Finished Knitted Baby Blanket

Knitting Project #2/Baby Blanket
Finally done :)
I found out that it's not a good idea to watch Bon Jovi on palladia and knit at the same time. I ended up having to rip out about 25 rows.
I was a nervous wreck thinking I was going to have to rip out all that hard work. It sure is alot different making a mistake in knitting compared to making a mistake in crochet.
The video by Knitpicks on how to unravel your knitting  makes it look easier than it was for me...But, after watching the video over and over,,, I finally learned how to unravel down to below the mistake.

I am really happy by how it turned out.  Still debating on adding a border, weaving an i-cord through the openings or leaving it as is.


I increased to about 200 before starting the decrease rows.  2 skeins of Caron-One Pound Baby Yarn was more than enough yarn, with enough left over for some baby hats and booties.  The finished blanket is about 34"X34". A nice size for a little bundle of joy.

Despite the time it took to unravel and reknit,,, this blanket still worked up really quick and is a great project to learn how to knit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...