March 26, 2013

FUN-nel Way to Separate the Yolks and Whites of an Egg



I was talking to Dad on Sunday and told him about the blog. Actually, I went on and on and on about it Hah :-) He said he has a few tips and tricks he’d like to share. Knowing my Dad, I was expecting them to include duct tape, string, wire, gorilla glue, etc. LOL :-D When he said he knew a good way to separate the yolk and whites of an egg I was all ears because I always have pieces of egg shell in the mix somewhere.


So, are you ready for this tip? A funnel…Yep, you break the egg into a kitchen funnel. 


The whites come out the bottom into the bowl and the yolk stays in the funnel!  (Size of the funnel determines how fast the whites come through). Cool huh! So that’s my Dads first tip. Stay tuned for others. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...